Week/Month/Year to Date Automatic Growth Rate

dhruvb

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hi all,

So I am currently working on creating an automated dashboard that updated every time a new file is added to the source folder. I have been able to successfully get excel to update the new data every time a file is loaded.

I have a 'date' column so I can extract, day of the week, year and everything else necessary! *NOTE: I am using POWERQUERY to automate.

The next step is to find a way to automatically calculate and update the following:

Week-to-date: "Sum of Sales for Week #X in Month 2" COMPARED TO "Sum of sales for Week #X in Month 1" (OUTPUT SHOULD BE A %)
Month-to-date: "Sum of Sales for Month#X in Year 2" COMPARED TO "Sum of sales in Month#X in Year 1"
Year-to-date: "Sum of Sales in Year #2" COMPARED TO "Sum of sales in Year#1"

HOW DO I SUCCESSFULLY INPUT ABOVE AS FORMULAS ON POWERQUERY?? PLEASE HELP, I WILL BE FOREVER INDEBTED

Last edited by a moderator:
And since I wonder how you want to compare the sales of the current week of the current month with the sales of the week of the previous month, the folder should also contain a manually created desired solution.

The first week of July had 3 working days, while the first week of June had 5 (Ger = 4) working days. This always results in comparison values that are of no use to anyone.

Back