Excel Newb - A few pointers to get started (filtering by date)

snipingkid

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

First post, and relatively new to the advanced functions of excel. So thanks in advance for your help.

I have a followup file for work that basically has all my clients information in a horizontal line. Ultimately, I would like to be able to have a drop down list of weeks (sunday to saturday) of when I sold.

Example, show customer line IF DATE between is 14/09/2014 and 20/09/2014.

For organization purposes I would like to keep my main table in one sheet where I can enter new information everyday, but I would like another sheet to display the sales done that during that week; where I will be able to manipulate a few statistics.

Now, I don't want this done for me, but would simply like to know what I should use. I've never used a pivot table or anything, I have messed a bit with the filtering but I am not familiar with the POSSIBILITIES of this software.

How do I USE data from another sheet and keep it lined. I want the other table to show the same information, but it is filtered(SHOW) by date.

Thanks a lot for any help! :D

Reformat your data as Client, Date, information about that one transaction, then create a pivot table.

Back