help on merging two formula IF(AND(R9="Y",R10="Y"),Z9,"") and IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C9,AB

jayajaya_4

Reaction score
help on merging two formula IF(AND(R9="Y",R10="Y"),Z9,"") and IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C9,AB

I was to merge two formula

IF(AND(R9="Y",R10="Y"),Z9,"") + IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C9,AB68:AB71,0)),AC68,IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C9,AB72:AB77,0)),AC72,"Standard Handle/s"))

Attachments

• Copy of Copy of Template.xlsx
    183.9 KB · Views: 12
Try

=IF(R9="Y",Z9,IF(R10="Y",Z10,IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C9,AB68:AB71,0)),AC68,IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C9,AB72:AB77,0)),AC72,"Standard Handle/s"))))

hello sir,

Thanks for ur reply....I would be more satisfied if done with logical AND...Is is possible??

Try

=IF(R9="Y",Z9,IF(R10="Y",Z10,IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C9,AB68:AB71,0)),AC68,IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C9,AB72:AB77,0)),AC72,"Standard Handle/s"))))

this is for sure a right ans...and it is working fine....but I just needed the same by using with logical AND

this is for sure a right ans...and it is working fine....but I just needed the same by using with logical AND

In affect, the IF statement can be constructed in such a way that the AND statement could be substituted for parts of it, but only where IF(TRUE) leads directly to another IF statement. As every stage of your formula produces a final result where the condition tested is TRUE, there is no point where AND could be used, unless you turned TRUE into FALSE by adding NOT. That would simply add unnecessary complication however.

Why to you want use AND if the formula works OK as is ???

Back