Cross Referening Data Sheets

excelme

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a small project im working on and require some help seeing i know nothing about VBA. I have spreadsheet with document numbers and versions. I have to make sure every day before i use them that they are the correct versions. I import listings on the documents to the second and third sheets that has the correct versions. How can i make a search button that checks the 2 sheets and lets me know maybe by coloring the document title red or green if my versions in use are good or bad. Attached a small example/

Thanks

Attachments

• tracking.xlsx
    49.4 KB · Views: 14
I would combine both sheets then you the code will be simpler.

What determines if a document is good or bad? Are you matching version numbers on the tracking sheet with the download?

You could possible use Conditional Formatting not VBA

I would combine both sheets then you the code will be simpler.

What determines if a document is good or bad? Are you matching version numbers on the tracking sheet with the download?

You could possible use Conditional Formatting not VBA

Yes im just matching versions. If the version does not match the sheet with the download then i know i need to get the updated version.

But it also has the check the document number. So if document 1 is version C. It needs to check the sheet 2 for document 1 and check the version if they dont match it needs to be flagged on sheet 1.

It might be easier to make a helper column that combines the document number & version then check that column. Conditional Format could highlight the row of they didn't match

Back