Greetings and some help needed (part I)

RuiPar

Reaction score
Hi.

It's my first time here, since only now I needed some help in excell, and, to be honest, I'm killing myself here... only because just now I realized that I'm a noobie!

I have several doubts, but I don't want to be annoying, so I'll post them by themes.

What I'm trying to create it's somehow a "database" of online bets done and to do (soccer).

I'll have several spreadsheets, divided by countries.
In each sheet, I'll have this columns:
- Teams I'm betting;
- Date of the bet;
- Bet value;
- Result.

In a final sheet, I would like to have the sums of this all.

So, my first questions:

- Lets say I have 8 bets to be played on July, 21th.
- Is there a way to automatically make this dates be highlighted in this final sheet? Changing the colour, for example.
- Is there a way to automatically sum all the bets made on the the 21th?

Sorry for my poor english and thanks.

Greetings,

Rui P.

You can use a formula in the conditional formatting section to highlight your cell, and for the sum of the values, you can use a sumif or sumifs, depending on how much you want to filter your sum.

You can use a formula in the conditional formatting section to highlight your cell, and for the sum of the values, you can use a sumif or sumifs, depending on how much you want to filter your sum.

Thank you :)

1 - But what formula do I use to this scenario: magine that today - 9th - I'll bet on a game for the 21st. In the countrie sheet I would add the date (21st) and what I want is that in the final sheet that same day to be automatically "activated".
2 - About sumif: imagine I have that 8 bets, for the 21st, in 3 different sheets (sheet 1 - D8, D9; sheet 2 - E9, E10, E11 and E12; sheet 3 - C7 and C8), and I want to automatically return the value of these sum to the final one (lets say, sheet 10). How should I use the formula?

Best,

Rui

You would do a sumifs then, across all sheets. If you put the range of cells you want to sum up in curly brackets, it will sum up that range, even on sperate sheets/tabs.

Back