Vlookup with a Vlookup?

loveheart23

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thank you for taking time to read this.

I have a problem, I want to do vlookup of cell H2 (which is a drop down list) but pull over the data from the sub table containing the list of sports, if that makes sense?

I have attached the spreadsheet and screenshot if that helps.

I want to be able to change cell H2 (the region) and have cells J2:K7 (the highlighted cells) to change accordingly to the region selected, is this possible?

I’ve been racking my brains all yesterday and just can’t seem to figure it out! Please help

Maybe vlookup is not the way to go, any advice or solutions would be soooo helpful, thank you all x

Attachments

• Sport Pic.jpg
    Sport Pic.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Sport.xlsx
    11.8 KB · Views: 27
This array formula may do the trick:

{=IFERROR(INDEX(B$19:B$99,SMALL(IF($B$19:$B$99=$J$18,ROW(B$19:B$99)-18),ROW(B1))),"")}

This allows you to find instances of a search value in a separate table, and extract other detail from the matching entries (Like a database search). Its status as an array formula is indicated by the curly braces around the formula. You can't type these in directly - you have to complete the formula and then press Control+Shift+Enter to get Excel to put them in for you. Also, you need to repeat this each time you edit the formula.
Ive produced an example that gets employee data from a larger table based on a drop down selection in cell J18
Have a look at it and see if it helps

Hercules

Attachments

• Test.xlsx
    15.2 KB · Views: 21
Hi
Ive adapted my example earlier to provide what you want, so you have 3 ways to do it !

Hercules

Attachments

• Sport.xlsx
    13 KB · Views: 15
Glad you found a solution - Provided that you keep the records in your table in the same order the solution you picked will work fine.

Back