Copy Data from One Sheet to Another Based on Date Chosen

tigerdel

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Office 365
In my file, I have a sheet that contains the entire roster over many months [and years] - called Full Roster
To make it easier for the user to locate the required Roster for completion, I have created a sheet called Input sheet.
This is what I would like to do with it:
1. The user opens the Input Sheet [will be renamed later]
2. Enter the date required [Must be a Monday Date
3. The file will then locate the correct date in the Full Roster sheet and copy the data for the entire week [Monday - Sunday] - Rows 3:68 for that week and paste them into Columns H:N in the Input sheet
4. Once the update is complete the user either clicks a button and it then copies the new data back to the correct place in the Full Roster sheet or automatically copies as changes are made [though this method would or could update up to 23600 times if all fields are changed

Any ideas how I might achieve this??
Happy for it to use formulas or VBA
Thanks for looking guys and I will continue to try for myself and update if I get anywhere close

Happy to provide sample file but unable to upload as 866Kb and limit apparently 488Kb

Hi and welcome
Please,do not crosspost your question on multiple forums without including links here to the other threads on other forums.

Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. The last thing you want to do is waste people's time working on an issue you have already resolved elsewhere. We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you MUST provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post.

Read this to understand why we ask you to do this, and then please edit your first post to include links to any and all cross-posts in any other forums (not just this site).
If you have fewer than 10 posts here, you will not be able to post a link, but you must still tell us where else you have asked the question

Do not post any further responses in this thread until a link has been provided to these cross posts.

You have already been warned about this behavior, not only here but on other forum(s) not adding the link will be followed by further action

Last edited:
Sincere apologies, I remember to link to your site on the other post - will do it right now

Back