Automatically removing rows using a formula?

Bhavna123

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Excel 2016
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help.

I have a table to statements with blank rows in between. The table of statements changes automatically as it is referencing another table (which is dynamic depending on the data). I was wondering if there was a way whereby the blank rows are discarded automatically?

Excel help.JPG

Let me know.

Thank you :)

Pictures
Will you please attach a sample Excel workbook? We are not able to work with or manipulate a picture of one and nobody wants to have to recreate your data from scratch.

1. Make sure that your sample data are REPRESENTATIVE of your real data. The use of unrepresentative data is very frustrating and can lead to long delays in reaching a solution.

2. Make sure that your desired results are also shown (mock up the results manually).

3. Make sure that all confidential data is removed or replaced with dummy data first (e.g. names, addresses, E-mails, etc.).

4. Try to avoid using merged cells as they cause lots of problems.

Please pay particular attention to point 2 (above): without an idea of your intended outcomes, it is often very difficult to offer appropriate advice.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I have now attached an excel sheet. The score will change depending on the subject. There is a bandings for each score and each category is then grouped as a weakness or a strength. In the report, descriptions are shown for only those that are described as a "Weakness". What I want the output to disregard are the blank rows automatically which may change if the Scores are different. Hope it makes sense! Thank you in advance :)

I wasn't able to attach an excel workbook so I have added it only google sheets and below is the link. Thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've looked at your worksheet and read your explanations. I have no idea what you want based upon what you have presented. Please try and explain step by step what you are trying to achieve. Please be specific using the example you presented as an example.

@Bhavna
Hi and welcome
as external links are not safe and not all our members can open them, please post on the forum
Click "Go advanced - Manage attachments" and follow the wizard.
Thanks

Back