Generate Wafermap from UF200 probe tsk binary files

tik

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I have been given raw binary data from the UF 200 probe machines and supposed to generate Wafermap from them . I'm stuck at displaying the Wafermap, some other details have been retrieved. Find attached my code, the expected output and my current output. Thanks

password for HYN_SummaryGenerate_Tool-R001 is: 10250811
usage:
Two folders are created in the same directory of the HYN Summary Generate tool namely : TSK and SummaryReport. The TSK folder contains the binary data. The SummaryReport contains the outcome after program is run.

ps: please I'm a newbie to VBA kindly correct any errors and help me achieve the expected output. Thnks

View attachment docs.zip

View attachment HYN_SummaryGenerate_Tool-R001.xlsm

Thanks for heads up! Very sorry for violating rules here. I apologize and will heed to the advice . Thanks

You have a line:
Range(Cells(MinRow, MinColumn), Cells(MaxRow, MaxColumn)).CurrentRegion.Copy
which only copies a single blank cell. Test whether:
Range(Cells(MinRow, MinColumn), Cells(MaxRow, MaxColumn)).Copy
does what you want it to.

thanks for the response. please I got this error below when I made the correction as you suggested:
excelVba.JPG

here's the debug highlight :
excelVba2.JPG

thanks

I'm surprised that it selects all the cells for copying.
What are the values of MinRow, MaxRow, MunColumn and Max Column at that point?
If the sheet you're copying from is largely empty then these values could return the entire sheet, but when I ran your code there was plenty on the sheet; cell AX52 was roughly in the middle of a lot of green cells.

Last edited:
Send us another binary file where the resulting green circle of cells will differ in size from the one we already have, so that we can test the copying process on a different size of range of cells.
At the moment, I see the most reliable method of determining the size of the range to be copied is to assign values to MaxRow, MinRow, MaxColumn and MinColumn in the loop that does the writing of data to that sheet.
Something like this:
Code:
    MinRow = 2000000000#: MinColumn = 2000000000#: MaxRow = 0: MaxColumn = 0
    If Angle = "0¡ã" Then
        For i = 1 To rowsize
            For j = 1 To columnsize
                If Map(i, j, 2) <> 0 Then
                    Sheets(sheetname).Cells(i, j) = Map(i, j, 1)
                    If d.exists(Int(Map(i, j, 1))) = True Then d(Int(Map(i, j, 1))) = d(Int(Map(i, j, 1))) + 1
                    Sheets(sheetname).Cells(i, j).Interior.ColorIndex = Map(i, j, 2)
                    If i < MinRow Then MinRow = i
                    If i > MaxRow Then MaxRow = i
                    If j < MinColumn Then MinColumn = j
                    If j > MaxColumn Then MaxColumn = j
                End If
                DoEvents
            Next j
        Next i
    End If  '-----------------------------------------Rotate 0
then delete the later:
Code:
    MinRow = Range("ax52").End(xlUp).Row
    MinColumn = Range("ax52").End(xlToLeft).Column
    MaxRow = Range("ax52").End(xlDown).Row
    MaxColumn = Range("ax52").End(xlToRight).Column
Then copy the range with:
Code:
Range(Sheets(sheetname).Cells(MinRow, MinColumn), Sheets(sheetname).Cells(MaxRow, MaxColumn)).Copy Sheets(FormatSheet).Range("G4")
(no selecting needed at all).

Another way of doing this is to delete the Map Sheet, then create a new one, instead of just clearing/deleting the cells in it. That way, that sheet's .usedrange would be a reliable thing to copy:
Code:
Sheets(sheetname).UsedRange.Copy Sheets(FormatSheet).Range("G4")

Last edited:
thanks for the response. will check it out and provide feedback. Thank You

please fin attached a different binary data and the expected output: This one is HYN170- 84S whilst the previous was HYN174-32S.

Attachments

• expectedOutput-84S.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • binaryData-84S.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 28
Attached has plenty of suggestions to alter the code. I've left many commented-out lines in. It should just run.

Attachments

• HYN_SummaryGenerate_Tool-R001_04.xlsm
    169.2 KB · Views: 25
Thanks very much for the response. Checking it out. will update you of the outcome . Thanks

SOLVED!!! Finally can generate the Wafermap. Thank you very much for the support throughout. I am very grateful :popcorn:

Final Question:D
Hello, please I have another task of printing out the output separately . Thus, each binary data should have a separate workbook. All the output files shouldn't be in one workbook. Thanks.

Please I need to also add an extra sheet named Bin_Summary to the output Workbook. The Bin_Summary sheet is a fixed template that just copy the values in (Q'ty) from the left side of the Map headlined "Test Summary" starting from the Category "0(NA)" up to "64(NA)" into it's 13th row under "C00 - C64" 6th row.
It also copy the "Wafer Nr." into A6 (LotID-waferID) and the total yield(%) into B6(Yield(%)). The values from (Yield(%)) are copied to the 33rd row (A33 Cell-yield ) in orderly manner.
The varies from each binary data.
Please find attached Sample workbook.

Thank You

Attachments

• HYN174-32S.xlsx
    57 KB · Views: 18
Back