Thread: Vlookup

Articles
    Excel Version

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

You are very welcome.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Hello all sorry for not responding sooner. Had a crazy day.

Tried it at work and had no success. I had to stop and work. I will try later.

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Articles
    Excel Version
    2010, 2016, 2016 Insider
    Hi,

I found this thread from my Analysis Tool of my Excel-Translator Website. And I would like to take the opportunity to
    thank AliGW for linking to my tool here and on other forums too. Thanks!

I have a note: the online formula translator can not translate table specifiers yet. This is something planned for the next
    version - I hope, I will be ready this summer. While Excel functions have been translated to many languages, but not
    to all available 91 languages, the table specifiers are! For example, #All is #Tout in French, #Alle in German, #Tutti
    in Italian, #모두 in Korean, #すべて in Japanese, #Konke in Zulu or #ყველა in Georgian and many more. So, this
    needs some more complex changes to my tool.

Best,
    Mourad
    Last edited by maninweb; 2019-04-13 at 08:57 AM.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office 365 Subscription
    Thanks for the note. Let us know when the new version is available.
    Ali
    Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel!

Articles
    Excel Version
    You are very welcome.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Here is a copy of the file. It is cleaned up as almost everything in has been removed.

One line in tab Feuil1. This is where I place the items I need to order.
    That tab refers to the other tabs for information.

Tab "List" is from an old excel list of our parts. I add the supplier that I need to buy from and the qty per box.

Tab "Tbl Achat Entete" comes from a connection to the SQL database. The table is to get the date the purchase was made. (that's what I'm currently trying to do)

tab "Tbl Produits_Acomba" is the list of our items in stock. Again with a connection to the SQL database. For product name, min/max, price etc.

tab "Tbl Achat_Ligne_Stats_Acomba" is to get the information on did we receive everything.

Ok now I tried to get the date orderd in the "Feuil1" "Date d'achat" column.

The information is in Tab "Tbl Achat Entete" column 9 (or "InDate").

I tried with a Vlookup and a index/match with no success.

Can you guys help me out please?

And can someone tell me if we can have this type of file without having to have all the tab with the database in them or an other Excel file with that information (tables).

Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    Jlamarre,

Your formula is correct. You can prove this by going to cell A7 of Tbl Achat Entete and typing in 63998. After typing this in you should notice that 63998 moves to the right of the cell. Cell J1 on Feuil1 will now show a date.

I have a solution to change the invoice numbers on the
    Tbl Achat Entete worksheet. Put a 1 in cell a16 of the Feuil1 worksheet. Copy the 1 by typing Control C. Highlight the invoice numbers in column 1. Go to paste special multiply.

So by multiplying all of the invoice numbers by 1 we change them to a form that Excel can understand.

I am not familiar with SQL. I would suggest that you talk to the SQL person at your company and ask him/her if the numbers can be loaded into Excel in format that Excel understands.

I can think of other solutions also. If you are interested let me know.

In reply to your last question you could have all of the SQL files in a different workbook, if you prefer.
    Last edited by Heyjoe; 2019-04-16 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Had wrong column number in paragraph 3.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Thanks Heyjoe,

You gave me the hint that I needed. In the table the column that the cell is referring to was in a text format. I changed it to numbers and it woks.

JL

Quote Originally Posted by Heyjoe View Post
    Jlamarre,

Your formula is correct. You can prove this by going to cell A7 of Tbl Achat Entete and typing in 63998. After typing this in you should notice that 63998 moves to the right of the cell. Cell J1 on Feuil1 will now show a date.

I have a solution to change the invoice numbers on the
    Tbl Achat Entete worksheet. Put a 1 in cell a16 of the Feuil1 worksheet. Copy the 1 by typing Control C. Highlight the invoice numbers in column 1. Go to paste special multiply.

So by multiplying all of the invoice numbers by 1 we change them to a form that Excel can understand.

I am not familiar with SQL. I would suggest that you talk to the SQL person at your company and ask him/her if the numbers can be loaded into Excel in format that Excel understands.

I can think of other solutions also. If you are interested let me know.

In reply to your last question you could have all of the SQL files in a different workbook, if you prefer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2