how to formating automatic display of expired, open or closed

bustos1juan

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hello dear excel gurus. I hope this message find you well.
I do not konw at all how to resolve or to figure out my doubt. I would like that my excel cell "STATUS" shows automatically the words "Expired, Open or Closed" dependind on the information included on the cell "Deadline".
Please, see the attachement. I have two main colums "Date Assigned", "DeadLine" and "STATUS". I would like that the cells under the column "STatus" shows automatically the words "Expired, Open or Closed" dependind on the information included on the cell "Deadline".

Thanks in advance for you support on this issue.
Jhon

Attachments

• how to formating automatic display of expired, open or closed.xlsx
    13.9 KB · Views: 10
Hi and welcome
Please,do not crosspost your question on multiple forums without including links here to the other threads on other forums.

Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. The last thing you want to do is waste people's time working on an issue you have already resolved elsewhere. We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you MUST provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post.

Read this to understand why we ask you to do this, and then please edit your first post to include links to any and all cross-posts in any other forums (not just this site).
If you have fewer than 10 posts here, you will not be able to post a link, but you must still tell us where else you have asked the question

Crosspost

Hi and welcome
Please,do not crosspost your question on multiple forums without including links here to the other threads on other forums.

Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. The last thing you want to do is waste people's time working on an issue you have already resolved elsewhere. We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you MUST provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post.

Read this to understand why we ask you to do this, and then please edit your first post to include links to any and all cross-posts in any other forums (not just this site).
If you have fewer than 10 posts here, you will not be able to post a link, but you must still tell us where else you have asked the question

Hello,
I do not understand very well your comments. This is my first post in this forum and do not understand very well the portal. I posted this question in other portal but when I have tried to open the system do not let me in, looks like I need to pay because there is a pop up that say I must do. I appologize if this is creating an inconvenience but I am being really honest, I am looking for help and the ther forum I am not able to login. I just would like to get help on this issue, english is not my mother language and some issues are not easy to understand. Sorry, once again, when I noticed that I cannot login into the other forum them I started looking for other options.

I hope one of you is able to help me in this regards.
Jhon

See screanshop

The cross post is here: https://www.excelforum.com/excel-ge...omatic-display-of-expired-open-or-closed.html

ExcelForum does not require payment. Nothing is stopping you from logging in there.

Dear AliGW,
See screenshot to understand what I meant. ‘

I do need to lie, you are attacking me instead of asking some questions to understand what is happening. I do not know at all how to use this or Excel forum, I sent the same request but when log in to say thank you and explain that the formula is taking into account "Date completed" istead of "Deadline" and what I need is to use the "Deadline" date to make the cells in the "Status" to identify as Expired, open or closed.

Thanks but I do not want to do something wrong, the system do not let me in at all.
Jhon

Attachments

• Exel Forum.jpg
    Exel Forum.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 17
Your issue with logging into EF is that you have used the wrong LogIn ID. There is no 1 in your login ID for that forum.

There is nothing in Ali's post to indicate that she is attacking you. I believe that you have over reacted to a situation that you are responsible for in that you cannot keep track of your login IDs.

I would suggest you apologize to Ali for your perceived misunderstanding of the situation where she was attempting to help you and not chastise you.

Last edited:
multiple IF criterion

I do not konw at all how to resolve or to figure out my doubt.
Hi bustos1juan
Welcome to the forum
You did not sufficiently specify the three conditions. When should a certain result be shown?

This is an very simple example and you use it based on your requests.

First condition (If G9-F9 date is greater than 10 then return 'Open' as result, otherwise show an empty cell)
Code:
=IF(G9-F9>10;"Open";"")
Second condition
Code:
=IF(G9-F9>5;"Expiried";"")
Third condition
Code:
=IF(G9<=F9;"Closed";"")
The IF function can be nested multiple times. This is an example
Code:
=IF(G9-F9>10;"Open";IF(G9-F9>5;"Expiried";IF(G9<=F9;"Closed";"")))
or
Sintax IF function
Code:
=IF(logical_test;value_if_true;value_if_false)

nested 3 criterion

=IF(1st_criteria_with_result;2nd_criteria_with_result;3rd_criteria_with_result;"")))
You should have entered several rows with the expected results.

Attachments

• bustos1juan-navic9900.xlsx
    10.1 KB · Views: 3
As a matter of fact the cross post policy is not very clear on this forum. The powers that be have not done anything about it yet.
OTOH forum rules are quite well explained on EF for those who take the time to read them ( and, if memory serves, you are asked to do so when subscribing)

Back