Merge Two columns based on date

Wow. Some reason i was not getting notifications of this thread. i am the original poster and i had to go back to the freelancer. Some people had three or four clock in times. So it cost me more to modify the code. What stinks is that i tried to understand it but unable too. I am looking at some of these solutions now. I always like to write better code or use something else. I work on webpages but never done excel coding.

Also nick was right when people clocked in and out there were issues if done more than twice. I did not even think of that because i am salary LOL

Thank you everyone for all your answers and even questions.

Wow. I am shocked Horseyride. That powerquery even takes into account if they punched in and out more times than once.

I am sorry but how did you learn how to do all that with powerquery. I have been looking at buying some online courses to get better. But those where 300 dollars.

I would love if you could share how to gain some knowledge on how you came up with that solution. But it does help that you did it in powerquery because I can do step by step. Thank you so much.

i should almost pay you or freelance you out hahhaha

I love the powerquery solution. Now i have to just learn how to add up the hours for the day since they are listed
HoursEarnings CodeNotes

since that was the requirement by the wife to have to make things easier. Hopefully i can learn how to do that. But this is spot on and tons faster than the VBA solution. I wish i saw this last night. I love the columns going out further for the times. Just need to try to play with this and see if i can keep the columns out that far and add the others.

Thank you so much for getting me on a foot to stand

To add up the hours for the day, create a second query
start with table1, click and highlight the Last Name, First Name (and probably Earnings Code) columns, then right click Group By and in the bottom section, for operation choose Sum and for Column choose Hours

Code:
let Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],
#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(Source, {"Last Name", "First Name", "Earnings Code"}, {{"Count", each List.Sum([Hours]), type number}})
in #"Grouped Rows"

thank you. That worked great. I am learning a lot from you. Thank you.

Back