Experience with this VBA course or others like it

mitsuirows

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I've used Excel for a long time now. I'm familiar with recording macros and more recently tinkering with those macros by code. Most of the heavy lifting I do is still with formulas, but I have seen the light with some of the VBA-powered workbooks one of my colleagues put together.

I would really like to get more experienced with VBA and learn how to do some "real" programming. As opposed to editing recorded macros or copying + pasting snippets of code off the web or bugging someone else for help.

Anyway, I've been looking at courses to take. There are some local companies offering trainings, but there a little too expensive for me right now. I did come across some online options that are cheaper, and the "The Ultimate Excel Programmer" is the one I'm thinking of gunning for. It's much more affordable than some other options I've considered. Reviews and previews of the first lesson look decent as well.

My two goals are basically to become proficient at writing VBA without training wheels and to get to that level quickly (~two months?).

Can anyone weigh in on this course and perhaps suggest alternatives? Thanks!

Take a look at VTC Virtual Training Company Software Training to see if it will meet your needs.

I would also recommend https://www.xelplus.com. I watched some free videos of [FONT=&quot]Leila Gharan. I found her to be excellent at explaining excel.[/FONT]

Back