Can I Bypass or Disable a Warning Dialog Box?

jdanniel

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
MS365
Hello, everyone.
I'd like to know if I can bypass a specific warning box.
If I copy data to the Clipboard, and then select more rows in Excel for pasting than there are rows in the Clipboard, I see this dialog box:

Clipboard.JPG

I'd like to know if it's possible at all to configure Excel so that this dialog box does not appear. I know the data isn't the same size as the selection. It isn't necessary for that dialog box to appear.
If it is possible to bypass this dialog box, and if it is not too difficult to do, what is the most practical method of doing so? Thank you! Jd

I know the data isn't the same size as the selection.
You did not explain how you are doing Copy/Paste data in Excel.
Is this simply Copy/Paste or you use the clipboard which contains several actions.
I see no reason to select a specific range and then the Paste command. Just select the first cell in which you want the left corner to be in the top.

Okay…let me try to explain what I'm doing.

I am cataloging my music collection. I'm doing this artist-by-artist. Some artists have more titles in their catalog than others. I am using a freeware program called DriveX that copies folders and/or files on my DVD's automatically to the Clipboard.

If I select a cell in Excel, then select Paste, which is the method you mentioned, the formatting of the cells isn't exactly right. It's not bad, but I have to do some tweaking. Maybe it's the way I've designed the spreadsheet.

However, if I select a cell, then drag down several rows, then paste the data from the Clipboard into Excel, the formatting remains intact. The problem is, I see that warning dialog box.

Honestly, I prefer doing it the second way. It saves me a step or two of having to center the first cell, and modify the font. Unfortunately, I see that dialog box, and have to click OK to get to the worksheet. That is one step, whereas formatting the data is two steps. Not a big deal, but if there were a way to bypass the dialog box, it would streamline the pasting process.

If I read the tutorial correctly, it deals with copying, cutting, and pasting cells that are already in Excel. That's not what I'm doing, and I didn't really see anything that relates to the dialog box in question.

I'm not entirely sure if what I've just written explains what I'm doing adequately enough.

That's something else. I thought the problem was just inside Excel.
Copying from one program to Excel can sometimes cause problems. Maybe there are merged cells?
Study a similar problems.

My apologies for not being clear in the beginning. The good news is that I figured it out, and you were right...all I have to do is place the cursor in one cell, and everything is pasted in rows below it. I thought I had to select either the correct number of cells, or more. Shows you how much I still have to learn. Thank you for replying. I have other questions, but they'll come later.

Back