conditional formatting

DALE1612

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hell o guys, I am having trouble with setting conditional formatting that falls between two dates. I dont need to see a red cell at A2, and I do need to see red cells at A11,12 according to the the dates set out in "C" & "D"

I have had add a minus 1 to the formula to hightlight the cells that fall between the dates other wise the column goes red and leaves the other cells without any fill. which is the reverse of what is required. I am not sure if this is the correct way to set the formula out or not? the formula seems to be straight forward but this is a bit baffleing. I att a srceen print to show what is happening. Any would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• cond format.docx
    171 KB · Views: 8
Hi
this is an Excei forum, and you have posted a docx document? ( I haven't opened it)

Hi Pecoflyer, if you had opened the Att: you would have noticed the query I posted concerned Excel, but thx for your response.

How do you expect us to work on the image of a sheet? Post the sheet so we can work on it

as requested ATT: worksheet

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    8.9 KB · Views: 7
thanks Navic for your input. I have tested the formula. There still remains an issue as the column fill as itcontinues to fill outside of the dates set in "C"&"D".

I need the fill to operate when the dates in "A" are within the dates set in "C"&"D" Hope this helps. I have att: a new example.

Attachments

• Book2.xlsx
    9.1 KB · Views: 6
Your formula in the sheet you posted

=AND($A1<>"",$A2>=$A2,$C$3<=$D$3)

Navic's ( perfectly correct) formula
=AND($A1<>"",$A1>=$C$3,$A1<=$D$3)

See the difference?

When entering formula in CF do not use right or left arrow, it messes your formula up

Thank you guys for your help and assistance. This now works as designed.

Thanks again.:peace:

Back