Vlookup with twist. I think!

Jlamarre

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hello all. 1 post so please tell me if I'm not doing this correctly.

I'm not at work at the moment. I did read in other posts that having a real file to work with helps. I'll get to that tomorrow.

I have a file where my staff will scan a product (barcode) and input the quantity that is on the shelf. I have a vlookup that gets information from a Sql file (min/max, description of the product, etc). If I see that I need to order more I create a purchase order in our software. I have the information from the table where the orders are placed and I can see if a line has been received. What I can figure out is how to make the search. PO and Product number then fetch the column that has the received information.

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh I have no experience with VBA and macros. But have literally started reading on the subject.

JL

OK as promised here are the folders.
1. Test achats = test purchase orders
2. Test base de donne = Test data base (only part of it) This folder is a copy of my SQL file.

In the file 1.
What I'm trying to do is have a return from a querry for # P/O (column I) and the product # (column B) and return the amount of received according to the data base (file 2). The column for the received items is E.

# d'achat = # P/O
Numéro de produit = Product #

Ok so I can't upload the files. Even with very little lines I'm over the limit. Anybody have an idea?

JL

Reduce the size of your files and only provide a reasonable sample size for testing. We don't need to see the entire file--only a representative sample.

Files

Here are the files.

Thank you for your help.

JL

Attachments

• test achats .xlsx
    434.9 KB · Views: 14
  • test base de donne.xlsx
    19 KB · Views: 6
Back