Mirroring multiple sheets - consolidated table

zilbero

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hello,

I'm managing a Work plan in an Excel file, with separate sheets per the product segmentation.
I was asked to also present a consolidated sheet displaying all activities so that the overall activities would be presented from older to newer due dates.

I first converted the data into Table and then I used 'Data--> From other Sources --> From Microsoft Query'
I repeated it for the various product-specific sheets.
I have 2 main problems with the result and for which i'm looking for your support:
  1. The Header row ( I have the same header for all separate sheets)for each of the Tables I created in the separate Sheets appear multiple times.
    I tried hiding these rows but if the source data is updated and new rows are added, the 'hide' simply applies for a different row and not the header row.
  2. When I sort the data from Oldest to Newest it applies only to each table separately and doesn't sort the entire workbook.

I'd really appreciate a solution as I couldn't find one in various forums/google.

Thanks
Ofer

I wonder if you might have greater success with Power Query to consolidate the sheets and then get the desired results.

Back