Conditional Formatting - Highlighting dates within range specified in other tab

rybaDE

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
2019 for Mac, 2016 for Win
Hi,

I've got pretty confused with conditional formatting in combination with VLOOKUP, I guess.
Here's the issue I'm trying to solve - I'd be glad if someone could help me.

I have a DIY interactive calendar, that highlights certain events based on the lists obtained from third-party-sources (Expos, Fairtrades, TradeShows, etc.)

I have a Calendar tab that displays a calendar (built with DATE and similar functions), and an Events tab, that lists events that need to be highlighted.

So far I've got thru highlighting single-day events by picking them off the Events tab via a VLOOKUP function.

However, some of the events in my list are multiple-day events, and they list both 'Start Date' and 'End Date'.
Start Dates get highlighted easily by VLOOKUP, but I can't figure out how to highlight multiple day events, by using respective start and end days from the list.

Your ideas and assistance in this matter would be much appreciated.

Regards,
rybaDE

Its impossible to resolve a conditional formatting problem without an example workbook (unless its very basic, of course). Please can you post an example workbook, showing/explaining what your formatting expectations are?

View attachment example-excelguru.xlsx

Sorry, my bad...

As you can see, dates on the Kalender tab are highlighted.
The row above days displays weekdays and uses simple WEEKDAY formula for conditional formatting (highlighting weekends).
The row below days uses the list of events from the second tab to perform a VLOOKUP and highlight cells with red color.

Only start days for multiple-day-events (as well as single day events) are being highlighted.
The ultimate goal is to highlight multiple-day-events completely.

Thanks!

Back