Copy font color changes into another cell

rich

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Prof. Plus 2016
I have a worksheet that utilizes columns A thru M. Currently, columns D, E, F, G, and H are copied into columns O, P, Q, R and S. I would like to have O thru S also copy any changes to the font color in D thru H. I found a VBA code to do this cell by cell but can’t get it to work for the entire column(s). How can I get this to work for the entire column(s)? Thank you!

So this is the same as Copy - Paste Special - Formats ?

Please post a sample sheet and your code. Thx

Last edited:
Thank you Pecoflyer for replying. It probably is as simple as Copy - Paste Special - Formats.

Here is a sample of the sheet:
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRS
DateDayTimeNameIRLABCIOATagCNBPSPACEIOA2JHFSCNameIRLABCIOATag
11/8/18Thu02:00Doe, JohnYYNNYYGingko BlossomYPPDoe, JohnYYNN
11/9Fri01:00Doe, JaneNYYYNNLawn AWNPPDoe, JaneNYYY

The code I have used is:
"Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
Me.Range("P1").Font.Color = Me.Range("E1").Font.Color
End Sub"
But, I can't figure out how to modify this to work for multiple columns.

The sheet has about 50 rows and each day I make changes in columns E, F, G, H, I, J, L. At the end of the day I have to generate a report of each change made during the day. The way I identify the changes is by marking the font RED. I added columns O thru S and have them copying/duplicating the content from D thru H. Columns O thru S is printed each day as my report of changes made because the person receiving this report does not need all the other information. I am trying to have any change, including font color, in E thru L automatically populated in O thru S. Thank you for your help!

When posting code, please wrap it with code tags ( Edit code - select code - click the #button.)
It keeps the macro's structure and makes it easy to copy and handle.
Thank you

try
Code:
Range(Cells(1, "D"), Cells(Rows.Count, "H").End(xlUp)).Copy
Range("P1").PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)

Thank you Pecoflyer for teaching me about how to properly post code. In the future I will post correctly. Thank you!

NoS, your code worked. Thank you for your help!

Back