Stopping count-up timer code after a certain number of seconds

amerillo

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hello all,

Just wondering if someone can help me with what I think is a very small coding problem that I can't seem to figure out for myself! VBA is certainly not my forte, but I have managed to come up with the attached code for a count-up timer. Currently the timer continues indefinitely, however, I would like it to stop at 65 seconds. Could someone please tell me what coding line(s) I would need to add to make this happen? I have tried various work arounds, and they have failed to do the trick! I'm guessing it is some kind of "Do Until" loop that I need to enter?

Many thanks!
AM

Code:

I have this code written into a module:

Code:
Dim CountDown As Date
Dim count As Range

Sub RunTime()
CountDown = Now + TimeValue("00:00:01")
If count.Value >= TimeValue("00:00:01") Then
   Application.OnTime CountDown, "Counter"
Else
   Call DisableCount
End If
End Sub

Sub Counter()
Dim ws As Worksheet
    Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Data1")
Set count = ws.Range("b11")
count.Value = count.Value + TimeValue("00:00:01")
Call RunTime
End Sub

Sub DisableCount()
On Error Resume Next
Application.OnTime EarliestTime:=CountDown, Procedure:="Counter", Schedule:=False
End Sub

Sub Reset()

Dim ws As Worksheet
    Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Data1")
Set count = ws.Range("b11")
On Error Resume Next
Application.OnTime EarliestTime:=CountDown, Procedure:="Counter", Schedule:=False
count.Value = TimeValue("00:00:00")
End Sub

When posting code please remember to wrap your code in code tags either start your code like this [code] and end like this [/code] or highlight your entire code and click the # in the post window, it makes it easier for folk to read and not have to scroll a big post :)

Untested, try changing:
to:
If count.Value <= TimeValue("00:01:05") Then

When posting code please remember to wrap your code in code tags either start your code like this [code] and end like this [/code] or highlight your entire code and click the # in the post window, it makes it easier for folk to read and not have to scroll a big post :)

Sure no worries, sorry!!

Untested, try changing:
to:
If count.Value <= TimeValue("00:01:05") Then

That seems to work! So simple! Thank you so much! I've spent ages trying to work around this with no success!

Back