Help with comparing and bringing over information from another workbook

jcanno02

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I have 2 excel files. I need to find if the text in Column A of file 1 is found in the text of Column A of file 2. If so, I need the text from Column B of file 2 copied to the cells of column B of file 1. If the text is not found in Column A of file 2, I need the row from File 1 deleted. I know this may seem confusing, but I would like to put the text in B2 into B1 if it appears. Basically, Chart 1 is a list of customers and if they appear in chart 2 I will keep them, and need their ID # from Chart 2 needs to be copied to Chart - it's a process that I've been doing at work, and it has taken hours, and I'm positive there's a function to do this that I am just unaware of. Please ask clarifying questions if needed. Thanks!

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGBasically, I need to see the "Supplier" field in the "PO Management Chattanooga" tab, and see if it's present in the "Supplier Description" Column in the Purchase Analysis Tab, if not I need to delete it, if it is, then I need to place the code in column A of the Purchase Analysis tab into Column H of PO Management Chattanooga

You can try this method.

In H4 (after unfilter/unhiding rows) of PO Management tab enter formula:

=IFERROR(INDEX('Purchase Analysis'!A:A,MATCH(A4,'Purchase Analysis'!B:B,0)),"Delete")

copied down.

Then filter the table for "Delete" in column H and select and delete the rows.

Unfilter to get the final "good" list.

Back