Require some help on multiple vlookup excel table

chewjekhui

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
hi guys,

Need some help on a file that needs filtering though a drop down list.

Background: there are different quality of oil shipments that we are getting from the supplier vs the contracted quality that we agreed upon.

Every sample of oil is presented into a table called the crude oil quality assay
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jXx0FB2uZ...AAARU/7fnvnALbeRw/s1600/Bonny+Light+Assay.bmp

Each supplier cargo shipment has one row of column of quality specifications. Meaning if let's say I have 5 cargo for month of June, I should have 5x row of the picture above, excluding the property row.

As the columns of data is fixed, I am tagging it with some attributes like the date of shipment, the supplier name and type of oil at each column of data

As the number of cargo and suppliers are plentiful, I want to hide the data source to the 2nd tab of data. I want the first tab to draw the data out based on the values i click on the drop down menu at the first tab (which is based on the 3 attributes date of shipment, supplier name and type of fuel) cascading effect

How do I go about doing that? I managed to do only the cascading drop down value. What is required to link the drop down to the data tab?

AM
chewjekhui

In order to help you, you will need to consider sending hard data that we can work with (Fictitious is fine) however the precise data structure that you are working with and ideally 3-5 fictitious shipments such that we can see exactly what you are trying to do (a picture of the data unfortunately is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike...hard data makes our job far easier!).

Hi hi apologies for not attaching the file. The data IS on the 2nd Tab under countries (vertical)

Sending out to customers is the ideal 1page that I want to see

Attachments

• Lab test sample results database 2.xlsx
    130 KB · Views: 15
Back