Filling a template with multiple data's??

alexa007

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I have a query regarding automating a process that i normally do manually in excel. is there a way to import multiple file all at once (these are not excel files, these are files from my company which opens in my own company's software). these files contains information like voltage , current , rated power etc. along with the name of the engineer , date etc.) . This information is then used to fill a default form (an excel file) provided by my company.
So lets say i have 20 files (from my company) which contains 20 different sets of the above values. now the information from these 20 files are supposed to be saved in the default excel form and saved into 20 individual excel files.

The way i do it is i open the default form first in the excel using the add-ins function and then open the data file from my company using the same add-ins feature (my company's software is linked with excel) which automatically fills in all the information. sad thing is i need to do it 20 times and if there are more then 20 files then i need to do it even more times.

So if there is any way to automate this , i would be very very glad. it would be a great help for me .

Best Regards

Also there is no code that i use. Its a very simple process,the way i do it is, i first click on add-ins and choose an option (seems like a sheet symbol on the top left corner) which lets me open the first file (which is the default excel form provided by my company which is to be filled) , when i open it , it tells me to open another file from which i am supposed to fill the data from (the other file is the file which is my company's file , not an excel file) and thats it. once data is filled in the form , i save it. only problem is need to do it so many times. hope you understand the problem. Regards!!

nothing actually. just out of curiosity I recorded the macro while performing the whole action and then went to look at the code and there was nothing . this was all i got

Sub Makro1()
'
' Makro1 Makro
' filling excel form using company data

'
'
End Sub

but i am honestly not so much surprised giving the fact i didn't actually performed that much of an action. just opened one file (excel form) and then opened another file (file with data-not excel) and that's it. once the excel file is filled with required data , i saved it. what i would like to do is to automate this process somehow, because the excel form is the same ,if there would be some way to open or import all the file (the other file with company data) all at once so it automatically fills that form and get saved individually .

Back