Errors when importing data through Get&Transform

albertan

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I have Office 365's Excel 2016. When I try to import data to Excel I get some errors related for formatting of cells. Sometimes I get errors that say "cannot convert to number".
When I import the data, I get different totals in Revenue column.

in some columns i get export data where it says NULL instead of zero. So I was using Replace feature to convert all NULLs to 0 and making them as whole numbers. I was converting accounts to text format. Yet still get errors and distorted total amount.

Did anybody experience this issue?

Too abstract, need to see what you are seeing consider sending the file with fictitious data and flagging exactly where the issues are

2018-07-20_10-44-20.jpg

here's the error I'm getting. What could be the reason? I had the value in source file

Albertan,

Without being able to step into the file and walk through each applied step, I cannot really help, a png is not enough and I understand if it is highly sensitive data. Consider making a copy of the file and if you are working off a table from that same file delete all rows apart from say 5 and change it up however ensure that you are still seeing the errors prior to sending the file. That said one of the other members maybe able to work off a png.

2 final points null will give you an empty cell 0 a number, will an empty cell cause a problem in your model. 2. are you sure that you did not accidently use the letter o instead of the number 0

Albertan,

Without being able to step into the file and walk through each applied step, I cannot really help, a png is not enough and I understand if it is highly sensitive data. Consider making a copy of the file and if you are working off a table from that same file delete all rows apart from say 5 and change it up however ensure that you are still seeing the errors prior to sending the file. That said one of the other members maybe able to work off a png.

2 final points null will give you an empty cell 0 a number, will an empty cell cause a problem in your model. 2. are you sure that you did not accidently use the letter o instead of the number 0

I have not changed anything. I take the data and import. Now, I tried to format it to "Decimal" or to "123", still get errors. I will try to save file under .xlsx from .xls and then do Replace values "NULL" through CNRL H to 0 and format cells to General.

I have not changed anything. I take the data and import. Now, I tried to format it to "Decimal" or to "123", still get errors. I will try to save file under .xlsx from .xls and then do Replace values "NULL" through CNRL H to 0 and format cells to General.

figured out a solution by modifying a source data. can't do it while transforming the data

figured out a solution by modifying a source data. can't do it while transforming the data

Perfect Albertan, well done. Sometimes merely by talking through a problem you get to the answer yourself!

Back