A Chart to Compare 2 Companies Performance

CYLiyu

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I need a pointer and help to create a chart to compare between 2 companies performance.

I have 2 data table for the 2 companies as per the attached file.
1) There will be a monthly return QTY vs the Monthly Failed QTY. The return or reject column QTY can be Zero for both companies for a particular month.
2) They will be a 3-month warranty for each individual QTY. e.g. 1 out of 3 return in Jan may reject again in Feb, Mar or Apr. If it happens in May, data will be ignored and will not be track and record in the table.

How can I come our a presentation chart to compare their performance?
It is alright if the table need to combine or rearrnage. help needed. Thanks.

Attachments

• Book2.xlsx
    12.9 KB · Views: 13
CyLiyu,

https://www.screencast.com/t/kJsa5qNhZ4

Somewhat confused on the warranty bit, you will need to explain it again slightly differently.

Have appended both company tables in Power Query resulting in a consolidated Companies table (could have done it through Power Pivot using the data model however not sure where your skill set is with that puppy). Some brief guidence... 1/refers to Tabs, 2 PVT, 3 possible charting many others to consider, 4 slicers interrogating underlying charts together with a timeline/5. If this is getting closer to what you want then blow out the pivot Table looking at potential different perspectives/cuts of the data.

Hope it helps if not give me some feedback and will quickly flex things.

Excuse any tardiness in response time as I am not on the site a lot.

Knock 'em dead Tiger!

Attachments

• Book2_1.xlsx
    45.5 KB · Views: 13
Ooops.... use this Excel file (had not saved last update)

Attachments

• Book2_1.xlsx
    63.5 KB · Views: 11
Thanks, Ed Kelly,
Let me explain a bit more about the warranty.
Not sure additional column is required?

Example company A in the month of June-18, the return QTY was "1" but the failed QTY was "2". 1 or 2 of these reject may come from the month of June or from the past 3 months.
This is to track the performance if the product returned failed within the 3 months warranty. and is a "manual" calculation and record in the table.

Hope this clears the confusion about the 3-month warranty.

I am okay Power Pivot and just need to convert the charts into Powerpoint to present.

To track this warranty 3 month issue believe you will need some sort of serial number to identify the product and the date(s) that is was returned and if appropriate failed as I am assuming that you are working to a strict 90 from date of return rather than the end of the calendar month in which the 90 period ends. Do you have this detail and if so can you share a small sample of it so that I can see the structure of the data set and work out how we can build it into the model.

Also consider hand drawing what you want such that I can see visually what you think that you want to present (park pretty and sophisticated and give me something that you can knock out in 2 minutes), then take a shot of it with your phone and upload to this thread.

Finally hooking any chart or table into power point will take less than a minute (that is the easy bit)

Yes, you are right.
The 3-month warranty was track by serial number/date code.
And it was only tracked by the last install/remove date if same serial no occurred 2 or more time, e.g. 00277 as highlighted in the spreadsheet.
My initial chart was plotted based on one company as in the spreadsheet sheet2 but was requested to make a comparison between 2 companies, and basically, I have no ideas how to plot the comparison between 2 companies and asking some pointer and help here.

Attachments

• Book3.xlsx
    197.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Just to add on, those rejected and return to respective companies, the warranty and expiry date will be empty.

Thanks, Ed Kelly.

Great help.

Back