Workaround for duplicating same objects in different groups?

noname91

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Greetings,

I'm currently in the process of finalizing the approach to a dashboard I'm constructing in Excel. I've run into an issue however. I'm trying to have a set of object groups which include a number of header objects. The problem I'm facing is I can't find a way to streamline the grouping of objects that serve the same function, but which I am forced to duplicated as Excel does not allow grouped objects to be shared between different groups. My setup is as follows:

Code:
Section 1;
    . Sub-Section A;
        . Shape 1
        . Shape 2
    . Sub-Section B;
        . Shape 3
        . Shape 4
Section 2;
    . Sub-Section A;
        . Shape 5
        . Shape 6
    . Sub-Section B;
        . Shape 7
        . Shape 8

The issue is that the headers are intended to be the same for the sub-sections. However, right now, I have to make duplicate headers for each section and sub-section in order to correctly hide and show them even though they're the same header! I'm wondering if there is some feature in Excel 2016 that allows cross-grouping. I've tried looking on the web but haven't really come across any such feature.

I have attached a simplified version of the document with the issue. Explanation below:

Before sheet: The header (non-interactive) is not duplicated and therefore does not appear when the button for showing Group B info is clicked. (problem)
After sheet: The header (non-interactive) is duplicated and therefore appears when the button for showing Group B info is clicked. (intended result, but with duplication involved)

I'd really just like to clarify if there is no option but to create massive groups for each section which must contain their own version of the header even though said header is identical for each section.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Duplicate issue.xlsm
    18.5 KB · Views: 6
Back