URGENT: Specific excel cell filtering

jjoseph

Reaction score
I am in need of a step by step help on the query below.

In an excel sheet, I need to first find out cells which contains the symbol '[' and delete all the characters which is before that irrespective of the character numbers. The cells are just text values and no formulas. How do we do that?

Note: I am not an excel expert. So request a step by step guidance on this.

I am in need of a step by step help on the query below.

In an excel sheet, I need to first find out cells which contains the symbol '[' and delete all the characters which is before that irrespective of the character numbers. The cells are just text values and no formulas. How do we do that?

Note: I am not an excel expert. So request a step by step guidance on this.

Are these Cells that contain a [ in a column or are they spread out randomly throughout the sheet ?

If you can be more specific about how your sheet is layed out , we might can find a solution.

Go to Edit|Replace

or Home| Find & Select | Replace

or hit CTRL+H

Enter in Find What box: *[

If you want to remove the [ also, then leave the Replace With box empty, otherwise enter a [ in the Replace With box.

then click Replace All.

Hi

NBVC has provided you with a manual solution here.

If it's a VBA solution you are after, you could record the manual process offered by NBVC, although I would be inclined to go with an Evaluate(formula) method.

Code:
Public Sub Demo()
    If TypeName(Selection) = "Range" Then
        With Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Selection)
            .Value = Evaluate("IF(ROW(),MID(" & .Address & ",FIND(""[""," & .Address & ")+1,255))")
        End With
    End If
End Sub

@kjijujoseph Please only post your question in one forum, no matter how urgent it is!

Threads merged!

Back