Excel Data population from one sheet two another

rsjamal

Reaction score
At the moment i am working two tabs in excels and i have to update of the tab manually.

I am looking for way a that if work in sheet 1 it updates sheet two automatically but with conditions. The updates should only take place if the D1 cell is marked "X".
If the D1 cell is marked "X" then in sheet two the A1 cell should be updated with the cell value B1 mentioned in sheet one

Is it only copying Sheet1!A1 to Sheet2!B1 or is there something else that needs to happen as well? I'm just curious if there is more to this.

Yes there is more to happen i am actually working with X, L and P characters so i just want that sheet 2 should only be updated in case there is and X mark in cell

At the moment i am working two tabs in excels and i have to update of the tab manually.

I am looking for way a that if work in sheet 1 it updates sheet two automatically but with conditions. The updates should only take place if the D1 cell is marked "X".
If the D1 cell is marked "X" then in sheet two the A1 cell should be updated with the cell value B1 mentioned in sheet one

Futhermore i am actually working with X, L and P characters so i just want that sheet 2 should only be updated in case there is and X mark in cell

Is there a way in macro or excel formula where in if a certain cell has value, the other cells will be automatically populated?

I am making an exceptional log for the control that have failed to meet the criteria. The failed controls are mentioned in Testing Sheet. For every pass there is a tick and for every fail there is "cross" against each sample. Now my requirement is that if there a cross against a control for the selected sample then automatically exceptional log is updated with the sample number and the control

Example:
Testing Sheet (Format)

Control Sample 1 Sample 2
1.1 " X" "X"

Exceptional Log (Format)

Sample Control
1 1.1

2 1.1

Please help me out

Hi there,

I've merged these two threads together, as they are the same question.

You know what would be really helpful here is a sample workbook with about 10 rows of data, and a step by step of what you'd want to see happen when each row/column is checked.

I'm getting the impression that you have multiple columns that need to be evaluated, as well as multiple "states" (X,L,P)

A sample would really help clarify things for us. To post one, double click the "Reply to Thread" button and you can upload a workbook there.

Reply urgnet

Hi there
i have uploaded the file now what i exactly want is as follow
1. the data mentioned in sheet name "Testing Sheet" represent testing
2. the data mentioned in sheet name "Exceptional Log" represent improvement areas.

Requirement
I want the Exceptional log sheet cell c12 to get auto populate with B11 cell in testing sheet furthermore i want Exceptional log a12 to get auto populated in case there is mark X in any sample number in testing sheet.

In short i want the exceptional log to get auto populated with control id and sample number in case there is mark (X) against any sample. Refer the attachment.

Hi there,

I've merged these two threads together, as they are the same question.

You know what would be really helpful here is a sample workbook with about 10 rows of data, and a step by step of what you'd want to see happen when each row/column is checked.

I'm getting the impression that you have multiple columns that need to be evaluated, as well as multiple "states" (X,L,P)

A sample would really help clarify things for us. To post one, double click the "Reply to Thread" button and you can upload a workbook there.

Attachments

• Test Files.xlsx
    18.8 KB · Views: 50
Back