Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.excelguru.ca
Excel Version(s)
Excel Office 365 Insider
Hi everyone,

I'd like everyone to use the Calendar on this website as a public Excel Training Calendar. If you have, or know of, an Excel training event in your area, please post it for the world to see. I'd like to make this the most comprehensive Excel training calendar on the internet.

There are only 2 rules I'd like to attach to this at this point:
  • Put the location of the event in the title, if applicable. The goal is that people will be able to find events that they can attend in their own backyard, worldwide.
  • Only the date(s) of event should be posted. (I don't want a post each week reminding people.) If there is a registraiton cutoff date, please post it in the event information.
I think if everyone observes the above, the calendar should remain relevant and helpful to everyone.
Events I would expect to see include training courses (live or online), new book release dates, conferences that deal with subject matter relevant to the users on this site.

If you are a trainer, teacher, publisher, or whatever, I invite you to participate. Register for the site, if you're not already, and post your event to the Excel Training Calendar. The more up-to-date and accurate we can make this, the more our community can rely on this being the source to come to for training courses. The more that happens, the more likliehood you'll get signups. The more signups you get, the more likely you are to want to put on more training events, and the more the users win. It's a self-fulfilling cycle that is in all of our best interests. :)

Oh, and one final word on this to everyone. I am not doing this to solicit comissions, affiliate links or funding in any way. There is already enough advert links on the site. This is about people helping people in our Excel world.

You know, Jon, I'm not against seeing private events posted either.

If they were posted with a "Sorry, this is a private event, but contact me if you're interested in an event in your area" message, that again helps us all. It lets people know stuff is going on, and will help us all generate more business too. Win-win!

Did you intend for it to be taken over by Fred Pryor seminars?

Specifically? No. I intended it to be taken over by any Excel training events out there. I just happened to come across theirs and they had a lot.

Excel Competition

Hi! I have heard that dezyre.com is organizing a world excel championship with a cash prize worth Rs. 30,000. I have enrolled for the same. I wanted to know if anyone of you could suggest how I should prepare for the same?

Nikita

Ken, I train people in Excel across the states for the business I work for. My time is pretty consumed so training privately would be tough. What are your thoughts about just being able to shoot someone and email for assistance? I know I would be willing to assist, just as much as I would love to send questions to someone like Bob Phillips when I was stumped. -yes Bob, take a bow :)

Hi Mike,

The issue with email is that it lands in someone's inbox, and if they're busy it doesn't get answered. That's why I've always been a big fan of forums. It means that someone else is there when I can't be (something that's happened too much to me personally of late.)

Back