to sort 10 lowest figures out of 20 using excel 2007

debes7

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
HI, Please help me write a formula
to sort the 10 lowest scores out of the last 20 entered by date and either mark them or copy in the next col. So they can be added.

I can add and average the result.

The real and complete way to calculate HDCP is
5 or 6 games, sort the Lowest 1
7 or 8 games, sort the Lowest 2 and so forth,
9 or 10 Lowest 3
11 or 12 Lowest 4
13 or 14 Lowest 5
15 or 16 Lowest 6
17 Lowest 7
18 Lowest 8
19 Lowest 9
20 games Lowest 10

But if that's too complicated, I can live with 10 best of 20.
Thanks

Hi and welcome
please post a small sample sheet with some data and expected results ( Click "Go advanced - Manage attachments). Thx

Sort smallest entries Max(10) out of last date entered 20 items

Sort col I to results in col K

Attachments

• TestBook1.xls
    23 KB · Views: 14
I am not sure I understand. You have six results and have picked out the lowest four - that's different to what you seem to be saying above. However, try this as a starting point in K13 copied down:

=IF(I13<SMALL($I$13:$I$18,5),I13,"")

I am not sure I understand. You have six results and have picked out the lowest four - that's different to what you seem to be saying above. However, try this as a starting point in K13 copied down:

=IF(I13<SMALL($I$13:$I$18,5),I13,"")

Sorry about that, there should be only one result in K17 picked as 1 in 6 entries, that was a manual test sheet and forgot to remove the extras.
Can you elaborate the formular to include the balance of the instructions up to:

After more than 20 entries
The last 10 more recent (date entries) out of the total should be picked
thank you very much
Denis

Your post does not comply with our Forum RULES. Do not crosspost your question on multiple forums without including links here to the other threads on other forums.

Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. The last thing you want to do is waste people's time working on an issue you have already resolved elsewhere. We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you MUST provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post.

This query has been posted on at lease three forums with no links.

Improve formulas and HELP

Hi, I'am back, dont know where every replies went but that's not important, I presume it was not bringing any knowledge to anyone.
Now, I've done some work since and came to (my insert) this and I'am stuck and need help.
I tried to make the notes as explanatory as possible but it gets confusing to say the least.
Please read the notes at the bottom, It may save some time if the suggestions are possible.
I'am open for suggestions
Thanks

Attachments

• DenisTestLEARNINGBook(hdcp) (bvj)ADD.xlsx
    21.6 KB · Views: 21
They are probably on the other forums where you posted the same query. Nothing has been deleted from here.

We require you to post links here to all other forums where you have asked the same question before any help can be offered. Thanks for your cooperation.

They are probably on the other forums where you posted the same query. Nothing has been deleted from here.

We require you to post links here to all other forums where you have asked the same question before any help can be offered. Thanks for your cooperation.

I learned my lesson the first time and I assure you I didn't post any where else this time.

Hi AliGW,
I presume this is what you mean by posting again to the original thread to bump it.
So there it goes,
Can someone help me with my form, it requires many formulas that I can not formulate
https://www.excelguru.ca/forums/sho...st-figures-out-of-20-using-excel-2007&p=39788
(attached file 3 boxes above)

Please read the bottom suggestion before anything else it may simplify things.
I am at your service to answer any questions
Thanks a lot

The link is not an attachment - please use this forum's attachment facility to attach your file. Take the Go Advanced option from the bottom right of the reply box to do this.

Best 10 out of last 20

Hi AliGW,
I presume this is what you mean by posting again to the original thread to bump it.
So there it goes,
Can someone help me with my form, it requires many formulas that I can not formulate
https://www.excelguru.ca/forums/sho...st-figures-out-of-20-using-excel-2007&p=39788

Thanks a lot

Sorry about that, I see the link is not explicit
Like I said the file in question is in the tread 3 boxes above "DenisTestLEARNINGBook(hdcp) (bvj)ADD.xlsx

Best 10 out of last 20

Hi AliGW,
So there it goes,

Thanks a lot

Sorry about that, I see the link is not explicit
Like I said the file in question is in the tread 3 boxes above "DenisTestLEARNINGBook(hdcp) (bvj)ADD.xlsx​

Best 10 out of last 20 with more functions

OK I'm posting one more time to get attention
I've done this much so far but need help to continue.
Here is my prog. so far

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• DenisTestLEARNINGBook(hdcp) (bvj)ADD.xlsx
    21.8 KB · Views: 6
Back