Thread: Setting Up Names in a Table as Row Label

Articles

Setting Up Names in a Table as Row Label

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Excel Version: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013

I'm trying to count the number of times a name is assigned to a group/role from a set of tables. (the top headers represent what group, such as {Kitchen, Custodial, Planning} the side headings show role, such as {leader/leader 2/assistant})

How can I make it so that in the turntable, names show as the main row label, the information on the headers (group and role) are hidden underneath the names, & "number of times a person is assigned" is summed?

It seems whenever I try to generate this through the PivotTable Field List, each group type takes a hierarchical spot making large nestings of 6-7 +/- buttons, and "names" cannot be selected as an option to Sum.
    Last edited by thk12205; 2018-01-19 at 08:55 PM.

Articles
    Excel Version
    We really need to see how the data is arranged to give any sort of meaningful answer.
    Supply a file with not only the raw data but also separately show how you want to see the results.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Guessing you figured this out if not then consider sending some fake data same structure as per p45cal, otherwise it is too abstract!