Queries pane will not go away

timmybro1

Reaction score
I have a similar problem that just started recently. When I click in the Excel table (created by PQ), the Workbook Queries pane opens and will not go away. Clicking the Show Pane button causes the pane to close and immediately reopen. The Show Pane button remains 'selected'/highlighted/enabled. When I click off the table, both the button and the pane behave properly.
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise. Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601. Excel 2013 (15.0.4963.1000) MSO 15.0.4963.1002) 64-bit Office Pro Plus

Edit Mod : this thread relates to https://www.excelguru.ca/forums/showthread.php?8207-Hide-Queries

Last edited by a moderator:
Any update on this annoying 'feature'? I'm on Microsoft Excel 2013 (15.0.4989.1000) MSO (15.0.4989.1000) 64-bit, MS Office Professional Plus 2013 on a Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit system. The Power Query Update tab is grayed out.

Hi Timmybro,

I'm pretty sure the "by design" behaviour in 2010/2013 was to open the Query Pane every time you selected a table that was created by Power Query. I am surprised that you can't close the Query Pane though... that's odd. As a workaround, can you make the Query Pane narrower so that it doesn't affect your screen space? I know that's not ideal...

Can you also share what version of Power Query you are using? I believe there should be a Help button on the Power Query tab. That will have a different version number than Excel.

Ken Thanks, I've been using that workaround. Here's the PQ Version: 2.49.4831.381 64-bit. And btw, I don't think this used to happen until a few months ago, but i could be mistaken.

@timmybro
Please don't hijack existing threads. It's better to start a new thread ( which I did for you) eventually with a link to an existing thread. You will get faster answers and your question will be indexed on search engines.
Cheers

Back