Speedometer chart with positive and negative variance %'s

cc.wilson

Reaction score
I am trying to create a speedometer chart with positive and negative variance percentages. Cannot seem to find an example of one online. I would like the midpoint to be zero with negative on the left and positive on the right and the pointer to point to the results (positive or negative percentage to budget #). Can anyone give me some pointers or send me to an example?

Hi and welcome to the board.

There is of course no forum rule anywhere about it, but a "Hello" and/or a " thank you" are always appreciated.

Cheers

In the attached:
Adjust C5 and/or B5 to observe change.

• Pointer is just a triangle, with another similar but invisible triangle grouped with it so that centre of rotation is right
  • Code (a one-liner) in the sheet's code-module to rotate the pointer according to the value in M5, which has a formula to return degree of rotation (a formula isn't a must - the code could do that too).
  • Pointer is on top of an image; change embellish this with whatever you want as a background to the pointer, such as adding a scale. (I've kept this simple since you requested pointers.)

Attachments

• ExelGuru8699.xlsm
    29.4 KB · Views: 475
Back