Marketo Power Query Expression.Error: The field 'access_token' of the record not foun

PatrickHenry

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am trying to connect my Marketo data to Excel. I have a custom service, client secret, and client ID. I set an anonymous credential setting because I did not know what else to select. Other options (Windows, Basic, Web API, Org Account) but those all asked for things out side of the client id, secret, REST API Endpoint URL.

I keep getting this ERROR -> Expression.Error: The field 'access_token' of the record wasn't found.

Any help with this error will be Greatly Appreciated.

Query
let
// Get url and credentials from config worksheet - Table REST_API_Authentication
mktoUrlStr = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="REST_API_Authentication"]}[Content]{0}[URL],
clientIdStr = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="REST_API_Authentication"]}[Content]{0}[Client ID],
clientSecretStr = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="REST_API_Authentication"]}[Content]{0}[Client Secret],

// Calling Marketo API Get Access Token
getAccessTokenUrl = mktoUrlStr & "/identity/oauth/token?grant_type=client_credentials&client_id=" & clientIdStr &"&client_secret=" &clientSecretStr,
TokenJson = try Json.Document(Web.Contents(getAccessTokenUrl)) otherwise "Marketo REST API Authentication failed, please check your credentials",

// Parsing access token
accessTokenStr = TokenJson [access_token]

in
accessTokenStr

Would you mind telling us HOW you solved it?

Thanks.

Charley

Back