School Teacher Needs Help!!

New_2_Excel

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a school teacher and I head up an ISR Department and I am attempting to do a Spreadsheet that keeps track of several things, such as; Student Name, Time Served In Detention, Infraction, etc... I should state that my wife found a generic spreadsheet that "she" was able to change things around a little bit to fit what I was looking for... BUT here's my question:

At the top of the sheet, I am wanting to have different categories such as; T Tardy, LD Lunch Detention, SKC Skipping Class, etc. I want to assign each infraction its own color, and be able to type in the abbreviation in the cell area, and once I type in the abbreviation of the infraction, the color will automatically pop up in the cell area so I can get a good visual on what's going on. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Attached is a sample of what I want to know how to do; Change the infraction categories, assign each categorie its own color and abbreviation that corresponds with it; so once I type in the Abbreviation in the cell, it will automatically change to that color. If you could do screenshots that would be awesome! If not, just clearly explain. Thanks!

Screenshot (305).jpg

Last edited:
Please attach your workbook for review.

With cell D7 selected, create one rule for each letter code, e.g.

=D7="E"

Set colours as you want and set the range for each rule to D7:AG10. You can extend this range if you need to.

Take a look at the attached. Does that work for you ?

Attachments

• Infraction.xlsx
    10 KB · Views: 14
Back