How to insert blank row(s) when data source updates with new entries?

Canadian911Guy

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have attached a mock workbook to try and show what I need done and here is the explanation:

When the "AM Data" sheet updates from it's source (Sharepoint) I need the entries on the "tracking" sheet to insert a new row for the new data and move everything else down by the number of new entries from "AM data". This applies to all columns A to K.

So if there is one new entry in the "AM Data", then I need the entry 4229 (A6 - K6) to move everything down one row so that all the previous entries stay lined up with the right data. Same if there is two new "AM Data" entries, or three or four, etc. ... I need the "Tracking" sheet to move everything down the right number of rows to make room for the new data.

Currently when I get new data, the "B Column" updates it properly and pushes everything down, but the other columns do not get new rows and then the related data isn't in-line with it's respective non-pivot data.

I hope that makes sense.

P.S.: I also have Power Query installed but I don't have any idea how to use it yet.

Thanks in advance for any help with this Workbook or with Power Query!

Attachments

• New Tracker - Test.xlsx
    46.1 KB · Views: 11
Mock-Ups Remade

Ok, I re-did the mock-ups properly I think ... there are three:

1.) "New Tracker - Mockup - BEFORE": This workbook shows the data before any manipulation.
2.) "New Tracker - Mockup - New Entry (Incorrect)": This workbook shows the data after a new entry has been made in the data source (Sharepoint) and the pivot table has been updated, but with the other (non-pivot manually entered data) has NOT been shifted down properly to make room for the new data source entry.
3.) "New Tracker - Mockup - New Entry (Correct)": This workbook shows the data after a new entry has been made in the data source (Sharepoint) and the pivot table updated, but with the other (non-pivot manually entered data) has been shifted down properly to make room for the new data source entry.

I need the "Tracking" sheet to automatically shift everything down by the number of rows needed to accommodate the new entries in the data source (Sharpoint) when the pivot table updates.

Please, if I am not conveying my need properly, I will accept any help to do so. :help:

Thank you in advance for any and all help. I really am truly appreciative! :kiss:

Attachments

• New Tracker - MockUp - BEFORE.xlsx
    45.5 KB · Views: 13
  • New Tracker - MockUp - NEW ENTRY (Correct).xlsx
    45.7 KB · Views: 13
  • New Tracker - MockUp - NEW ENTRY (Incorrect).xlsx
    45.7 KB · Views: 12
Back