Thread: Long nested IF statement

Unhappy Long nested IF statement

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

I need to do a nested IF statement that uses one table of rates with 11 rows to calculate against about 1000 rows of variables. The 11 rows are age-banded rates (<25, 25-29, 29-34, 35-39, etc.) and the 1000 rows are the ages of individual people. I need to multiply the appropriate rate for the specific age times the number of thousands in another column to develop a premium amount. I can get it to work with two IF statements but once I try to add the third, it fails.

To recap, colunn a has age, column b has number of thousands coumn n has age bands for rates and column o has the rates for the age band. I've tried everything I can think of and I've tried to find examples on the 'net but no luck so far. Is there a better way to do this than an IF statement?

Thanks so much!

Articles
    A little confusing to follow.. can you post a sample workbook... with no confidential info?

I will try to post the spreadsheet example. This is my first post so I'm not quite sure how to do that. Hold on.......

Long nested IF statement - sample file

Here we go.
    thx
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Hi,

In the green cells (column H) I added a numerical value to represent the age you have in column I of the sample sheet. In the yellow cells (column F) I use a VLOOKUP formula to find the IRS Rate, then multiply by the salary.

dc1TN 2012-04-25.xlsx

Cheers,

SHAZAAM! Thanks very much.

Be blessed
    dc1TN