Subscriptions Help

scook.gcj

Reaction score
First off I am very basic with Excel.

What I am wanting to do... I Work for a newspaper and we have subscriptions for the paper. Currently we use Access for the Data Base and the making of printed labels. Then we also use Excel for our carrier routes with a list of houses that they deliver to. I have to manually select and deselect address and make changes to the amount for each individual route. To me...it seems like it can all be done in Excel. Easily with out so many steps.

Basically I am wanting to combine the subscriptions to all be ran through excel.. Having spoken with other newspapers in the area, I have asked them how they do there subscriptions and such and they all tell me that they use excel to do it..but yet no one can seem to tell me how its setup.

If someone here can point me in the right direction to read up on how its set up that would be great. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You.

Posting a sample from your current workbook (do not include confidential information) and specifying what and how you want to change the
current method to the preferred method, would help a great deal.

So far, sounds like you are wanting to automate the process as much as possible ?

So far, sounds like you are wanting to automate the process as much as possible ?

Yes I am trying to automate is are much as possible. There can be as many as five different people making changes and things become a mess when they don't/wont follow all of the correct steps.

As far as posting a sample of my work book? I hate to say this but I don't know how..honestly my formal training with Excel was back in the yearly 90s so when I say I'm a real idiot at this I am being kind to myself.

My list of subscriptions are in a data base using subscriptions. and in that each group or mailings are in tables, reports, Queries, and macros to print the labels. I seriously think its all way over complicated, but yet I cant find a way to simplify it, let alone to find a different program to manage it all at once.

To attach a copy of your workbook here in this Forum, click on REPLY TO THREAD just as you have been doing. Enter a reasonable amount of text in your response, then in the lower right corner of the reply window, click on
GO ADVANCED.

When the new page loads, scroll down until you see MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. Click on the button. The new screen will have a small window for selecting and attaching your workbook for upload. Follow the "bouncing ball" so to speak.

Be certain you enter sufficient information on what you are wanting to accomplish either in your reply or on the first sheet of the workbook. Makes it easier to understand what the goal is.
Specifying what commons errors folks are making helps alot too.

Understand, you know what your workbook looks like and how it functions now ... plus what you want it to do. There are no adequate description in words you can provide to fully explain to someone else what the goal is
without them having a copy of your workbook to edit. Kinda like telling a blind man how to drive while he is attempting to do so. :nod:

As far as posting a sample of my work book? I hate to say this but I don't know how..honestly my formal training with Excel was back in the yearly 90s so when I say I'm a real idiot at this I am being kind to myself.
Hi and welcome
posting on the forum has nothing to do with Excel. Always check the FAQ first, there are a lots of answers.
Cheers

Back