Calculating Bitcoin Purchase Rate

chevyfan

Reaction score
Hello,

I need help creating an equation..

I currently buy Bitcoin on a site where people markup the price to make a profit..so I would pay a premium to get the Bitcoin at a certain rate.

For example, the market price/market rate for ONE Bitcoin is currently at $5,659.99, but in order for me to get 1 Bitcoin, I would have to buy it
at a rate of $6,336.91 for example....

But what I want to be able to do is to see what I would really end up getting at the rate of what the Bitcoin is being advertised at.

for example..if I purchase $800 worth of Bitcoin, if it was at the market price, I would receive $800 worth of Bitcoin, however since
I'm buying it at a higher rate, because these people selling the Bitcoin are trying to make a profit, instead of getting $800 worth, I would get something
like $780 worth (or whatever it would work out to be)

I want to create a spreadsheet where I can see how much worth of Bitcoin I would ACTUALLY get based on the rate that I'm paying..

because sometimes I want to buy or sell a certain amount, and I never know exactly how much I would get until after everything is all said and done.

If someone could create a simple spreadsheet for me that can do this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

- Daivd

Surely, it is just the amount you pay, divided by the amount they charge per bitcoin.

In your example, you pay $800, they charge $6,336.91, so you get 0.126244 bitcoins for your money. At the market rate, you have $714.55 worth of bitcoin.

Looks like simple arithmetic to me.

Surely, it is just the amount you pay, divided by the amount they charge per bitcoin.

In your example, you pay $800, they charge $6,336.91, so you get 0.126244 bitcoins for your money. At the market rate, you have $714.55 worth of bitcoin.

Looks like simple arithmetic to me.

okay, so I took $800 and divided by $6,336.91, and I get 0.126244, so what do I do next to get the $714.55 worth of Bitcoin?

also, I kinna wanted someone to put it into a spreadsheet for me as well..

Multiply the rate you got, 0.126244, by the market rate, $5,659.99.

If it it just the worth of the bitcoin that you are interested in, you can do it simply as

=investment*(market rate/purchase rate)

or in your example

=800*(5,659.99./6,366.91)

Do not crosspost your question on multiple forums without including links here to the other threads on other forums.

Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. The last thing you want to do is waste people's time working on an issue you have already resolved elsewhere. We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you MUST provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post.

Expect cross-posted questions without a link to be closed and a message will be posted by the moderator explaining why. We are here to help so help us to help you!

Read this to understand why we ask you to do this, and then please edit your first post to include links to any and all cross-posts in any other forums (not just this site).

Back