Looking For Beta Testers

Love this add-in however after installing and quitting Excel, when re-opening the add-in tab isn't in the ribbon. Upon further confirmation when you go to the Add-ins screen under settings, XLG File Tools shows up under "Active" but the ribbon didn't load it. The only way to fix this is to disable the add-in and then apply/close. Then revisit the options and re-enable it. This resolves the issue.

The add in for my computer is in the %AppData%\Microsoft\AddIns\ folder and i'm using Office Professional Plus, Excel 2013. I don't have Admin rights however (shouldn't matter) and the addin does retain all other preferences when re-loaded. I have numerous other addins that load just fine including a custom one I built so security permissions shouldn't be the issue. I'm not receiving any error msgbox's or anything to indicate there is an issue. The ribbon just doesn't persist on opening excel...

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you like the add-in. The issue here is actually that Microsoft changed some security settings, meaning that because the file is downloaded from the internet it is blocked by default.

You can read more about the issue, and see the steps for a permanent fix, here: https://www.thespreadsheetguru.com/...s-from-disappearing-from-the-ribbon-interface

Option 2 worked like a charm. Unfortunately I couldn't setup the Trusted Location solution as Admin rights didn't afford me that flexibility.

Ken

Brilliant add-in. I was hoping someone might post something like this. I've been trying to find ways round the new Microsoft file interface.

Paul Christie

Back