Data copy from Validation

Jayanta1978

Reaction score
Dear All,

Would like to have your help on a problem which is not getting solved by me ,

The following attached file is an example of the project i am working on , I have few products with me , with their rates , I provide the quantity of sales happens for a month in the qty column and the value comes up in "Value" column , what I require is when ever I select any month from the data validation I get the values of the total sales in the month column which does not changes and if I select the next month the values gets to the next month.

thanks in advance to help me out.

Jayanta

Attachments

• PROJECT 1.xlsx
    11.1 KB · Views: 16
Try

=IF($B$2=LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(PROPER(G$3),"Sales ",""),3),$F4,"")

Explain exactly what "not helping out" means.

Where is this sales data coming from? There is no sign of it in the workbook.

Data Copy from validation

Explain exactly what "not helping out" means.

Where is this sales data coming from? There is no sign of it in the workbook.

Madam,

The user first have to select the Month from the drop down, and then he enters the total quantity of sales for each single product for the month selected .
the value of the Quantity and Rate gets copied to the column of the month selected , as example the month is not selected as APR so the multiplies value copies to or is calculated in the Sales APR column , similarly when MAY or JUN month is selected the Value gets copied or entered in the "Sales May" or "Sales Jun" column simultaneously without changing the values of the previous months.

hope this will clear the requirement.

You will need VBA for this. I have moved your thread to the appropriate section.

Back