Change avatar?

padraic

Reaction score
Hi there - I don't know how to change/remove my avatar - any help? Not sure how it got added in the first place. Thanks!

It can only have got there if you put it there!!!

Click on SETTINGS way up top right, and then EDIT AVATAR on the left of the screen that comes up.

Thanks. I really never added it myself. Maybe this site is somehow connected to another where I've previously uploaded it, e.g. Wordpress? I only registered here today and certainly never uploaded a photo. I presuming others can see my photo as well as me?

If I go to Settings > Edit Avatar, this is what I find:

No Avatar Specified
Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
Do not use an avatar Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

The 'Do not use an avatar' box is checked

I've now changed my avatar to one of the pre-defined avatars available so all is resolved. But thought it would still be good to flag the issue that I'm sure some other new users must experience whereby, through the registration process, their avatas is automatically added from somewhere else. I think I use the Avatar that was added on Wordpress which I think is linked to Gravatar? That's the only link I can think of. Maybe the email address I registered with is the same as my Gravatar one.

Could be Gravatar, yes. For what it's worth, the pretty face that was there before was more appealing. ;)

Hehehe ... !!!

Back