Collatring data onto one tab

Muke

Reaction score
Morning all,

I wonder if someone could offer me a little direction please. I have looked through a number of previous threads but can't quite find what I'm looking for and I'm hoping someone could possibly take the time to help me.

Each day a selection of data is dumped into a spreadsheet and manipulated into a series of tabs. The totals are then manually put into a master report on a separate spreadsheet to collate the totals for the week in a table.

What I would like to do is add the master report as an additional tab in the daily spreadsheet and have the daily totals populate into it. I have done this for each individual day and can obviously pull the totals into this master tab from the other tabs on the spreadsheet, but what I would like to do is have the data from previous days remain in the master tab also.

Is there a way of doing this? My initial thought was to create the daily sheets in advance, place them in a preset folder and create a link to the totals from each spreadsheet, but I'm wondering if there is a 'cleverer' or less labour intensive way of doing it?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Muke

Muke,

As I read your description this looks like a classic example of where a Pivot Table could be used. Of course, this would take a reorganization of your data into a single sheet vs multiple sheets. So a couple of questions:

1. When the data is manipulated into tabs what do the tabs represent?
2. Is the layout of the data on each of the tabs the same?
3. What is the volume of the daily data, i.e. how many rows/columns?

If you could post a daily sheet with dummy data and a summary sheet it would be of great help in answering your question.

:cool:

Thanks very much for the response, I'm currently out of the office, but I will try and upload an example later today. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Back