Pulling Data from Rows and Creating new columns

denson

Reaction score
I know that the title is a probably going to be a little misleading but it is the best way I know to explain it.
I have 2700 rows of data with multiple columns in each row. It is proprietary data that i'm working with so i'll try to explain this without going into great specifics.

please see the attached example: View attachment test_1.xlsx

that is the way the information is generated by my system and unfortunately there is no way to change that.
In order to import it into our new system I need to be able to change it to the following format: View attachment test_2.xlsx

this program exports in both csv and xml.

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance!

I know that the title is a probably going to be a little misleading but it is the best way I know to explain it.
I have 2700 rows of data with multiple columns in each row. It is proprietary data that i'm working with so i'll try to explain this without going into great specifics.

please see the attached example: View attachment 6999

that is the way the information is generated by my system and unfortunately there is no way to change that.
In order to import it into our new system I need to be able to change it to the following format: View attachment 7000

this program exports in both csv and xml.

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance!

Do not see precisely what you want to do here?

https://www.screencast.com/t/OjHAi9krjvEj

Where does the "meter 1", "meter 2", etc in Col K come from ?

This data is exported from a monitoring software that I use and it relates to the type of equipment it is monitoring. meter 1 = b/w count, meter 2 = total color. meter 3 = tier 1, meter 4 = tier 2, meter 5 = tier 3

I'm trying to create a separate row for each of the "meters" in the test_1 file and have it look like the test_2 file when i'm done.

How about putting 5 or 10 rows of typical data on test_1 and showing what that would look like on test_2

How do you know when to add the "Meter 1" or "Meter 2" etc to the end of the row ?

This will clear the data at the end of each row :

Code:
Sub clrCols()
    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("K1:O20000").Value = ""
End Sub

If you import the data as .csv, does it separate and align to each of the columns as you've indicated in your two sample files ?

Last edited:
Back