Conditional formatting with formula. Help please

ClarkTD

Reaction score
So I haven't been working with excel formulas very long so this may be super easy and I'm just overthinking it or it may be more difficult than I realise. But either way let me fill you in on what I want to do and see if someone can point me in the right direction. So I have a table with student names and documents missing, signatures missing, to be corrected and corrections made to their enrolment packs. What I want is when all 4 columns have "N/A" or "" (blank) for the row the student is on to format to a different outline type, font, and colour. And only when all 4 columns have one of those options. If they have anything else they stay their regular formatting. Sorry if this is somewhere else on the forum and i did do a couple different searches and didn't find what I was looking for .

Select the range of cells to affect...

Assuming the first row of possible N/A or Blanks is B2:E2, then

Go to Home|Conditional Formatting, New Rule
Select "use a formula to determine which cells to format"
Enter formula

=AND(OR($B2="N/A",$B2=""),OR($C2="N/A",$C2=""),OR($D2="N/A",$D2=""),OR($E2="N/A",$E2=""))

Click Format and format as desired.

Ahh fantastic. I haven't worked too much with AND & OR functions so that's probably why I couldn't figure it out. I'll give this a try when I get home and thanks for the quick response

Just tested it. it works perfectly. thank you for your help.

Back