Thread: LOOKUP formula help

Post LOOKUP formula help

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

I did put "Excel skills" on my resume but I may have over sold them a bit...

I am making a customer feedback survey at my job. The headers are:

Customer Number
    Date
    Overall score (0 - 10) (drop down selection)
    Staff member (drop down selection)

My boss wants to be able to look up results for a specific staff member, whether this is by all other results disappearing and only one staff member's results being visible. This can be on a separate sheet or on the same one. I know a few excel formulas but I am stuck on how to do this. I am familiar with LOOKUP in terms of looking up how many times a certain value occurs. But I need it to be in a way so all the separate scores/reviews can be viewed for 1 specific member of staff when needed, not how many reviews that member of staff had as that doesnt matter (if that makes sense).

Sorry for explaining it badly!!

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    If you enter the Staff member in a separate sheet you can use Index/Match

eg

=INDEX('Sheet1'!A:A,Match($A2,'Sheet1'!$D:$D,0))

where Sheet1 is the database sheet, column D contains the Staff members. A2 on the result sheet contains the Staff member you want to look up.

You can copy this formula across 3 columns to get data from columns A:C of Sheet1.

Thanks so much, this really helped. I also found the Filter tool which is a little simpler so I'll see which one works better in practice.