Excel issue - can't seem to work this one out - please help

keith_parks

Reaction score
Dear All,

I am having a bit issue with an Excel task I need to complete and wondered if someone could please help - I've been trying to solve it for hours.

I have two tabs on an excel workbook. The spreadsheets have the same layout, four columns each and the first column is a code. The first tab has updated values for codes for pipe products for all of the UK (updated monthly) and the second tab is a copy of the codes only relevant to my area (South East). In short, I need to check that the codes and their values associated with them for my area (tab 2) match the codes and their values in the updated worksheet (tab1). If they do not I would like to show the code record and its values in all four columns from both the updated sheet (what it should be now) and the code record and its values in all four columns from my current information. This will enable me to see only the codes that need updating and what the updated values should be in a clear way. I hope this makes sense.

I have attached an example of the worksheet.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm having such trouble with this.

Thanks,

K

In my mind, the simplest way to solve this is with a macro.

View attachment PIpe_value_vba.xlsm

This assumes that there are no duplicate codes in the UK sheet.
Your attachment (from the other posting) has two, 3265 and 21548.

A slight variation on NoS's approach a left outer merge in PQ combined with a mini refresh-all macro. Just add your remaining items to both tables and click refresh all.

Chose your poison!

Attachments

• PIpe_value.xlsm
    27.9 KB · Views: 4
Back