Matching Criteria with IF Functions to return YES or NO for filtering (PLEASE HELP)

rosetc16

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Excel 2016
I'm not sure how to articulate this question, but I'll do my best...

I'm looking to use an "IF" function to return a "YES" (if true) or a "NO (if false). I need this "IF" function to to have a logical test of one cell in sheet 2 to equal a set of criteria in sheet two that returns the value it's looking for in sheet 1.

For example:

Sheet 1: Table with a table with the rows as grocery stores (what I'm trying to match to) in the area and the columns are all the foods items I am interested in. It also has an extra column stating if the grocery store is a discount grocery store or regular grocery store.

Sheet 2 (master data): Master data of every single item listed in each grocery store with the name of the food, grocery store name (what I'm trying to match to) nutritional facts

So in the master, I want there to show a "YES" in a column IF there is an "X" in the appropriate column, it is a discount store, and the location matches the location in the master sheet. Here is what I have so far, but I'm not sure if I'm close.

=IF(StoreName=(IF(AND(D$6$:U$34$="X", E$6$:E$34$= "Discount)),StoreName(TRUE VALUE),"-"),"YES" (TRUE VALUE),"NO" (FALSE VALUE))

My goal is to be able to filter out all food items that fit the criteria below:

-Has an X on a grocery store that is a discount and equals the store listed in the master data to the store that the criteria matches in sheet 1

You have posted this same request on at least two other forums and on none of them have you provided cross-post links. All of those forums have rules regarding cross-posting. Here are ours, which you should read: http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184

Please provide cross-post links forthwith. Thanks.

Back