Multiple Matching and returning logic value

Jayanta1978

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

Would like to have your help in solving the following problem , the trial file has been attached .

It is an grading system for retailers , were if an retailer has customer between 0-20 it will be "C" , 20-40 will be "B" and 40-60 will be "A" and for the same retailer whose daily sales is "z" if sales is upto 1500 and "L1" if sales is between 1500-5000 , "L2" if sales is between 5000-10000 , "L3" if sales is between 10000-15000 and "L4" if sales is above 15000.

so whenever a value is given in the cell of "No of Customer" and "Daily Sales" the formula will match the criteria and give the results in "REQUIRED GRADE" column.
the grading will be as given in the example column.

thanks to you to have your valuable time to find a solution to my problem.

Attachments

• GRADEING.xlsx
    10.6 KB · Views: 17
Jayanta,

See if my solution works for you. I changed the layout of your lookup data and you could even hide it on a separate page if you wanted to clean things up a bit.

Attachments

• GRADEING-1.xlsx
    12.1 KB · Views: 19
Using array formulas, hope i works

cheers

Attachments

• GRADEING.xlsx
    12.2 KB · Views: 19
A little late to the party on this one so ignore if you have the solution, (and apologies it is a quick and dirty!) your variables need to be adjusted to reflect 2 lots of customers >60, have attached a couple of pivot tables with slicers to allow you play with the data (there are many more that you may want to build). If you need it tweaked let me know. Also I have kept both grading options separate and then combined both as I think it will allow you better interrogate the data as you scale the business.

Knock 'em dead sailor!

Attachments

• GRADEING (1).xlsx
    56 KB · Views: 13
Ooops wrong file (ignore one above) use this puppy!

Attachments

• GRADEING 2.xlsx
    51.4 KB · Views: 20
Back