Hyperlink challenge

Sandy@spm

Reaction score
Working with workbook with 30 tabs (representing days in a monthly schedule). Set up each tab to contain 4 hyperlinks that worked fine.

This workbook is sent daily by outlook email to another user who updates data overnight and returns by email in the morning for continued use. Starting the first time the workbook was sent and returned when containing hyperlinks, the hyperlinks do not work. Getting the message "The address of this site is not valid. Check the address and try again."

The other user who updates nightly does not have access to the files that are hyperlinked and would have no reason to use the hyperlinks.

How can I fix them without removing and replacing them all - which does work, but I need to stop this from happening every day?

Solutions would be appreciated!!

What is the length in characters of the hyperlinks? I recently had a problem where any hyperlink with more than 255 characters wouldn't work. This seems to happen when you've googled something and you pick up the hyperlink with all the google references in it.

Paul

Thank you for the response. The hyperlinks average 20-25 characters and are to other excel files on my PC, nothing internet related.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated!

With hyperlinks that long you shouldn't have a problem. However, depending on your column width you might need to turn onthe 'wrap text' option. Even short hyperlinks can break if this option isn't turned on.

Paul

Back